Helsar Cascara - Naranjo, West Valley, Costa Rica
Cascara is the dried outer fruit skin of the coffee cherry with a hint of residual fruit attached. Brewed correctly it may produce a very delicious tea-like drink.
Producer: Helsar Cascara, Naranjo, West Valley, Costa Rica.
Tasting notes: Rose hip, apricot and pomegranate.
* Please note this is a bi-product of coffee processing and not roasted coffee.
Suggested brewing recipe:
- Heat filtered water to 90°C.
- 14g of cascara to 200g of water.
- Steep the cascara for around 4 minutes. The longer the steep time the stronger the brew.
- Drain the tea, and discard the pulp.